了解工作6大類型 6 Types of jobs
包括音樂、美術及設計等工作， 發揮自己的藝術天分、創作意念及想像力， 例如：音樂家、畫家
< 回頁頂 Back to Top>
• Are you ready for working?
• What kind of job would you like?
• What qualifications do you have?
• Where and how can you get a job?
Better join before working:
- Youth Pre-employment Training Program and (YPTP)
- Youth Work Experience and Training Scheme 2009/10 (YWETS)
Setting Life Goals
It is important to set long-term goals. Think about where you want to be in five years. What kind of job do you want? What will you do to reach that goal? After you make a long-term goal, think of the small goals you need achieve to accomplish that larger goal. If you want to start a business, for example, you may want to think about how much money you need to start it, the location of your business, whether you want to get a business degree, etc.
By thinking of the smaller goals first, it will help make the larger goal seem more achievable and realistic.
Setting Smaller Goals
When you are looking for a job, it is easy to get discouraged. It may seem impossible! However, everybody has the same feelings when they look for a job.
Instead of thinking about the big picture, try to focus on things you can change. Set small goals for yourself. Remember, looking for a job can be like a job by itself. Some examples of small goals:
1. Set a time every day in which you will look for jobs. Spend at least 2 hours a day looking for jobs on job websites or by reading the newspaper. Follow the schedule.
2. Send out 2 resumes a day.
3. Make follow-up calls. If you have not received a response from an employer after a week, you can call them to check on the status of your application.
Remember that everybody – even really experienced workers – will get rejected when they look for a job. Don't get discouraged! Keep on searching and stay positive. You will find something eventually.